Lead is a toxic metal that is naturally not found in the human body but is commonly used in our surrounding infrastructure. Lead has been used in buildings, water pipes, paint, gasoline, roads, and even in toys.

Lead is a neurotoxin that’s harmful to humans:

  • There is no safe level of lead exposure
  • Lead poisoning creates permanent cognitive and behavioral damage
  • There are no effective treatments for lead poisoning
  • Particularly harmful in children under the age of 6, as brain and nervous system are developing
  • Cumulative, negative effects can be seen in adults
  • As we close out June as National Healthy Homes Month, we are taking some time to recognize the decades long environmental health issue of lead poisoning.

Download our Lead Brochure to learn more about the health impacts of lead.

Share:

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn

Related Posts

Personal Care Products: A Quick Overview

Personal care products in everyday items including shampoo, soap and cosmetics are made of different combinations of chemicals and contain potential carcinogens, allergens and toxins.When

Racism: We are not doing enough!

A child’s zip code must never determine their health outcome. This core belief – that no matter where children live and learn, they should have

So, what is lead?

Lead is a toxic metal that is naturally not found in the human body but is commonly used in our surrounding infrastructure. Lead has been